Palm oil is a type of vegetable oil taken from the fruit of oil palms. It is reddish in color due to its rich beta-carotene content. However, it unique color isn’t its only trademark. It too, has benefits.
Here are 5 benefits of palm oil:
- Boost energy levels – Palm oil has a lot of beta-carotene, which not only makes it good for keeping energy levels up but also helps with hormonal balance.
- Better vision – The presence of the beta-carotene helps with vision alongside antioxidants that help defend the body against what may affect the vision.
- Good for the heart – Palm oil has a type of good cholesterol (HDL) which will help the heart when used in moderation.
- Prevent chronic disease – Vitamin E is present in the oil which makes it an antioxidant. This means the immune system is boosted to prevent sickness.
- Healthy pregnancy – A common worry about pregnancy is that the infant will lack some vitamins. Palm oil has Vitamin A, D and E which helps prevent vitamin deficient among infants.